Under sponsorship of the European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO), Prof Iva Tolić organized EMBO Conference on Meiosis 2017 which will take place on the island of Hvar, Croatia, from 27th August to 1st September 2017.
The topics will include establishment of cohesion, creation and repair of DNA double-strand breaks, formation of cross-overs, movement of chromosomes during the tumultuous stages of meiotic prophase, spindle assembly, kinetochore attachment, error-correction mechanisms, and consequences on fertility and aneuploidy.
Biophysics and modeling of meiosis are a special focus for the 2017 meeting, because it has potential to further vitalize and reshape an already vibrant field by bringing in new ideas and fermenting more interdisciplinary research. This focus will be embedded in a general framework of important meiotic topics.
- Iva Tolić (Ruđer Bošković Institute, CRO)
- Franz Klein (University of Vienna, AUT)
- Christine Mézard (Institut Jean-Pierre Bourgin INRA, FRA)
- Abby Dernburg (University of California, Berkeley, USA)
- Attila Tóth (TU Dresden, GER)